No doubt you’ve heard people mention Micellar Water many times, and you may even be using it already. I’m sure you also associate it with facial cleansing, but do you know exactly what it is? When and why it is used? And what it really does for your skin?
Micellar Water is a liquid solution composed of molecules that arrange themselves to form micelles, the great secret that gives its name to this powerful cleanser. Micelles act as magnets that drag dirt, makeup and impurities owing to their apolar part. Micelles have a bipolar structure, they are composed of an aqueous phase and a lipid phase, that remove dirt without damaging the skin’s protective barrier.
But not all micellar waters are the same, there are also biphasic and triphasic micellar waters, which have different and specific functions depending on the active ingredients they contain. Latest-generation, or triphasic, micellar waters combine an aqueous phase with a double lipid phase, resulting in a triple formula that combines, in a single gesture, cleansing, makeup removal and facial care. Therefore, today they are more complete as regards innovation, giving truly surprising results.
There are micellar waters that simply cleanses the skin, but there are others that moisturise the skin, enhance its luminosity or purifies it. The most sophisticated even help maintain the natural balance of each type of skin. There are even micellar waters that offer further benefits, that remove waterproof makeup, have anti-pollution properties, or have a high-tolerance formula that prevents irritation of sensitive skin.
When we start our cleansing ritual every day, preparing our skin with micellar water is the best start. Why? Here are some guidelines:
- It is multipurpose, it cleanses facial skin, and as doesn’t contain parabens or alcohol, it’s also suitable for sensitive areas such as the contour of the eyes and the corners of the lips.
- It’s a convenient and easy-to-use product that does not need to be rinsed off. Your cleansing routine is quicker, more pleasant and more effective.
- It does not leave a greasy residue on the skin, like many cleansing milks do. The skin is left clean and fresh. And its moisturising effect prevents the sensation of tightness and dryness.
- It prepares the skin in order to enhance the effectiveness of the following treatment. It facilitates the absorption of the products that you use afterwards.
- Micellar Water cleans, tones and moisturises, since it is an excellent 3-in-1 product that combines multiple properties thanks to the active ingredients of its different phases.
Another important thing to keep in mind is that you should choose the right micellar water for your skin type. If you choose yours well, you won’t need to use cleanser, toner or moisturiser after applying it. And if you have oily skin, there is a specific micellar water for that type of skin that helps to prevent clogged pores. Small wrinkles take longer to appear or are reduced by using micellar water on a regular basis. If haven’t so yet, give it a try and feel on your skin the great things that advanced technology can do for you.